Sonntag, 13. Mai 2012

Grand Prix von Bern

Yeah! Great race yesterday on the most beautiful 10 miles of the world (Grand Prix von Bern, 16,093km, http://www.gpbern.ch/). Running time: 1 hour, 0 minutes, 42 seconds. Place overall women: 14.
One hour before the start my legs stopped feeling tired (they had used to feel so all the thursday and friday) and I could run fast almost without any warm up, felt incredibly good. This state (let's call it "Win's High"), by the way, lasted at least for the next four hours (and this meant that I could not stop the cool down without forcing me to stop it). During the race, I almost never felt pain in my legs, except in the end, when I gave everything to overtake the runners, that had been running before me the whole race. To everyone who saw me at the "Aargauerstalden" running uphill: Yes, I can imagine that I looked the mess there! But it is part of a successful race of me, that I give it everything and at the finish I'm almost dead. Otherwise (if I hadn't felt this pain) I would be much more angry about these fucking 43 seconds I could have been faster in order to get a time sounding like "0 hour, 59 minutes, ..". Now I start to realize: 1:00:42 is also a quite beautiful time for the GP. After all because this is exactly 4 minutes faster than my race in 2011. And the most important thing: I really enjoyed the race. Every second of it. Also due to the numerous weather-resistant spectators that cheered us. Thanks a lot!
Still quite fresh in the beginning of the race.. the other pictures look much worse and I don't want to show them here ;-)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen